What to See and What to Do
To quote the BBC's comment on the apartment “a place to dream of … and not to tell”.
The BBC holiday programme stayed in Apartment 5 and did tell in “Wish you were here” of all they saw of the golden beach by the apartment and across the breadth of south Devon. Unfortunately the recording is no longer available on line.
All around is a stunning panorama of glorious scenery waiting to be explored. Within a few miles you can discover sandy coves, dramatic towering cliffs, rocky harbours and sun dappled woods. Ramble around picture-postcard villages where time stands still. Roam across the silent wilderness of Dartmoor with its craggy Tors and mysterious countryside. Walk the South Devon Coastal Path starting just behind the resort.
The relaxed pace of life is evident but there is always plenty to do; surfing, windsurfing, sea and river fishing, bird watching, riding, trekking, sailing at nearby Salcombe, or Newton Ferrers, river cruises, steam trains, adventure parks, great places to eat and a golden beach by your apartment.
To find out more on things to do and places to go we have more information elsewhere on this website and on our sister website https://bigburyonsea.co.uk/
Our sister website https://bigburyonsea.co.uk/ has much useful information, including:
- A local Activity Directory - an indexed list of contact details for the many places offering a vast selection of activities in the local area.
- A guide by location of places to eat, by the Beach, Locally, In Modbury, and a South Hams selection.
- A list of the local hostelries.
- More details on where to find particular shops in the area.
- Details of the Local Tourist Information Centres.
- Other Useful Links on things to do and see grouped by location.